The Introduction.



  

Hi, I'm your 21 year old buddy from Phuntsholing. My life is not so different from the rest of you. Although our trajectories have been different; we've both enjoyed the smooth ride but felt some bumps on the curve, we've both had some good times and times when we've scratched our heads, we've both seen the top of the world and yet also the rock bottom. 

 At this juncture, I'm a civil engineer, in the making at least. I go to College of Science and Technology and this is my second time studying in the second year because the first time, I thought college was all about booze, babes and memories. Now, I'm sure it is never about babes because all I have are memories of me getting drunk, alone.

I am a Southerner( Lhotsampa as they call us in our country) but I was born and raised in the west (Born in Thimphu and raised in Paro). However, after I left Thimphu (with my family), we didn't directly go to Paro but moved east and by the time we got to Paro, I was already in my third grade. I know I've had an influence of the east too and I sure will write more about my time there in some other posts but Paro has been my parent dzongkhag and she has raised me to be who I am. It's like I have this massive bomb inside the box labelled Paro in my brain and every time I open it, there is this burst of overwhelming nostalgia that takes over me. It's here; where I've come to know of mother's love, seen my father as my best friend, grew up with my little brother, fell in love for the first time( second time, third time.......), had my heart broken, found brotherhood in some friendships, lost brothers in some hardships, felt joy at its zenith and some other time stranded and alone.

Through these blogs I hope to share with you a part of me to relate to, reflect upon or simply for you to listen to. Since this is my first time blogging as well as my first time writing publicly on the web, I'd like to apologize for any discrepancy and the lack of standard. Please bear with me, I'll improvise with the course of time.



Comments